- Where were you born?
- Have you always lived here?
I have lived here the majority of my life. I have also lived in Ireland and in the UK.
- What are your hobbies?
I listen to music all the time, it helps me relax and get through the day optimistically. I love the theatre, I see it as a powerful, educational tool and I go to watch plays whenever I can. In order to get away from the work routine, I like escaping to the countryside to go hiking. I feel it is the best way to reenergize myself.
- What did you study at university?
I studied Spanish Philology at the University of Salamanca.
- How important was the university in your training as a linguist?
The University of Salamanca has great national and international prestige. Salamanca is also a city where teaching and learning Spanish are very important and the University contributes to make sure the training of these teachers is optimal.
About my job:
- In addition to your degree, what other training have you had to help you with your current job?
I have studied English and this experience has helped me in many situations as a teacher. However, the thing that has helped me the most is attending courses and lectures related to Spanish. I always learn new things and am kept up to date with the Spanish world which is something I consider fundamental in this working environment. I have also done a course on the use of new technology in education to vary the teaching tools I use in my classes.
- How important is new technology in the world of education?
Very important! Technology is present all around us. It is an integral part of today´s society and is used very often. Therefore, it forms a huge part of education as it encourages quick and effective way of learning.
- When you teach Spanish, what is the first thing that you want your students to be able to do?
The most important thing is that students learn to communicate. In my classes, I focus on communication and learning grammar and vocabulary so that students can use what they have learnt in everyday situations.
- What type of students do you like to teach the most?
I especially love to teach adults. Their willingness and curiosity to learn makes them a real pleasure to teach.
- What is the work environment like at ISLA? ISLA is made up of a group of very enthusiastic teachers who makes day to day working more enjoyable.